1. He Toronga Pakihi ki Taranaki (we, us or our) is committed to protecting your personal information.
3. We may obtain personal information from you (Personal Information) as a result of you or another person becoming a member of the Network and:
(a) providing us with your name, e-mail address, job title, business name, phone numbers, physical and postal addresses, social media details, and iwi, when you register as a Professional of when a Business you are related to is registered with the Network;
(b) submitting any information when accessing or using the Services or the Website, including when registering for any Service;
(c) emailing or otherwise contacting us in relation to the Network, Services or the Website; or
(d) otherwise providing any information to us.
4. We may also obtain Personal Information from users of the Services or the Website when they:
(a) submit any information when accessing or using the Website;
(b) email or otherwise contact us in relation to the Network, Services or the Website; or
(c) otherwise provide any information to us.
5. The information we collect directly from you (whether Personal Information or Automatic Information) is collected for the following purposes:
(a) inclusion in the Network database;
(b) display of the Business Profile on the Website;
(c) to send Network members Network newsletters and other communications;
(d) to email invitations to events and other information about Services;
(e) for use in Network related case studies;
(f) to collect data and statistics relating to the Network, which will be anonymized;
(g) for use on Network related social media accounts; and
(h) as otherwise required for the administration, operation and development of the Network.
7. We may also automatically collect, or use third party service providers to collect, certain nonpersonal information about you in relation to your use of the Website (Automatic Information). This may include:
(a) information about your use of the Website, including the time you use or visit the Website, the location and time zone from which you use or visit the Website, how long you use or visit the Website for, what pages you view within the Website and what other websites you visit before and after;
(b) information about the actions that you take within the Website;
(c) information about your performance of your obligations under the Terms; and
(d) information about the device you use to access the Website, including your IP address and information about your mobile device (if you use a mobile device).
8. We may use your Personal Information and Automatic Information for the purposes set out in paragraph 5 above and to:
(a) contact you about the Network, Services or Website;
(b) provide the Services to you and other users of the Services;
(c) send you promotions or special offers from us, or any of our partners or customers, that we think you may be interested in, including using third party service providers to do so; and
(d) do anything otherwise required or permitted by law. Disclosure
9. You consent to us publishing your Profile information on the Website, and otherwise publishing and disclosing that information in connection with the operation and promotion of the Network.
Profile information includes:
(a) name of the Business;
(b) short description of the Business;
(c) website and social links of the Business
(f) address; and
(g) phone number (this is optional and can be selected on registration for the Network).
10. Except as set out in clause 9 above, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties except:
(a) as required as part of the Services;
(b) to the extent necessary for those third parties to provide services to us in connection with the Network, Services or Website;
(c) as necessary to ensure the enforcement of any applicable laws, including providing information to law enforcement in connection with the investigation of any crime; and
12. We may use third parties overseas in relation to the management and operation of the Website, and you therefore consent to your Personal Information being sent overseas if required. Currently we store Personal Information in Sydney, Australia.
13. We will securely store your data using third party storage services. The storage services we use to store Personal Information are currently located in Sydney, Australia.
14. We may store your Personal Information and Automatic Information on computer systems operated by third parties. We will take reasonable precautions against unauthorised access and disclosure by those third parties. Any such storage will be in accordance with relevant third party terms.
16. Your Personal Information and other data remains yours.
17. We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your Personal Information secure. However, because the internet is an open network, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is safe from unauthorised access or use.
18. Where you have authorised us to disclose your Personal Information to a third party, their use and maintenance of your Personal Information is outside our control and we accept no responsibility or liability for such third party use.
19. You may request access to your Personal Information that is held by us and we may delete it or correct it if you ask us to.
20. The rights that you have in relation to your Personal Information and Automatic Information will differ depending on the law or laws that apply to you. We will comply with all applicable laws in relation to your Personal Information and Automatic Information.
21. All users may request access to your Personal Information that is held by us and we may delete it or correct it if you ask us to. Email communication
22. From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions relating to services or goods offered by us and our partners.
23. You may opt out of receiving those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided in the relevant communication.
26. The Website may contain links to third party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites or applications. Contacting us about privacy
27. If you wish to contact us about your privacy, including requesting corrections to your Personal Information or exercising your other rights under applicable law, you can contact us at:
(a) Email: email@example.com
(b) Address: Level 1 50 Devon Street West, New Plymouth 4310 Last updated